Deadline: December 31, 2017
U.S. Department of State is inviting applications for Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD). The programme provides one semester scholarships to outstanding undergraduate students from around the world for non-degree full-time study combined with community service, professional development, and cultural enrichment.
Program goal is to promote mutual understanding between people of the United States and other countries.
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). This international educational and cultural exchange program brings future leaders to the United States to experience the U.S. educational system, enhance their knowledge, and explore U.S. culture and values.
Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Application deadline: December 31, 2017
Course Level: The Global UGRAD program offers cultural/academic exchange through a non-degree program for a semester at a university in the U.S.
Study Subject: Students from all academic disciplines are encouraged to apply for the Global UGRAD Program. Possible fields of study include the humanities, arts, social sciences, mathematical science, natural and physical sciences, engineering and applied science.
Scholarship Award: Global Undergraduate Program offers:
- Round-trip from your home city to and within the U.S.
- Tuition and mandatory university fees
- Room and board (housing and meals)
- Accident and sickness coverage
- A monthly allowance for incidentals during the program
- A limited allowance for books
- Monthly maintenance allowance for the duration of the program
Number of Scholarships: Numbers are not given.
Nationality: Global UGRAD participating country
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Citizens of a Global UGRAD participating country can apply for International Exchange Program.
Entrance Requirements: The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program provides non-degree undergraduate study abroad in the United States on a competitive basis to university students.The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program is open to anyone who is/has:
- Over 18 years of age;
- A citizen of a UGRAD participating country, currently residing in that country;
- Enrolled as an undergraduate in good standing at any accredited university, public or private, and has at least one semester remaining at their home university at the conclusion of the UGRAD program;
- Completed secondary education in their home country;
- A solid command of written and spoken English (English Language training for some finalists is possible);
- Able to begin studies in the United States in August 2018 or January 2019 (selected participants may not defer to a later date);
- Eligible to receive and maintain the US student exchange visa (J-1) required for the program;
- Cleared by a physician to participate in the program;
- Committed to returning to their home country after the completion of the program.
English Language Requirements: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Please create only one application. If you forget your password or have difficulty logging in, email exchangeprograms-at-worldlearning.org for assistance. The application will close on Dec. 31st, 2017 at 5PM EST.
Registering for the program
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox work best when completing the UGRAD application. We do NOT recommend using Internet Explorer. Please do not use a translation plugin when accessing the application. Register for the program using this link:
- Select the Global UGRAD 2018 Application and click ‘register’
- The site will then ask if you already have login information for the portal.
• If you applied for UGRAD in the past, select the first option: “I have login credentials to this site
that I received by email”.
• If this is your first time, select the 2nd option: “I do not have log-in credentials to this site”.
- If you have a login from last year, please sign in using your existing credentials. Once you do this, select “Academic Year 2018-2019” to begin your new application, and skip to pages 6-8 in this guide for more application tips. DO NOT create a new account if you cannot remember your password. (Note: your username is your email address.) If you cannot remember your password, request a new password by clicking “Forgot password?”.
Important: Always make sure to include the name of the program to which you are trying to apply in your Password Reset request (additional information) or any emails to exchangeprograms-at-worldlearning.org